- Give written notice required by your lease. As stated in your signed lease, a 60-Day notice is required. Please mail it certified mail with a return receipt to assure we receive it.
- Pay your last month’s rent. You cannot use your security deposit for rent. Refer to your lease. If you do not pay your last month, we will have to file eviction, and it will cost at least $200 and damage your credit.
- Leave the house clean. This includes fireplace, appliances, cabinets, floors, crawl space, attics, and garage. Remove nails and patch holes. Note “Common Charges” for cost samples.
- Remove all of your personal property, trash and firewood. We charge for removal. Removing things like grills, oil, propane tanks, chemicals, and tires will cost more for disposal.
- Yard Care. Mow the lawn, rake leaves, and weed the beds.
- Return keys and garage door openers. as we will charge $50 per lock to re-key and $75 per garage door opener.
- Coordinate Utility change with Lighthouse Property Management. Do not let utilities get turned off prior to the move out inspection or you will be charged $250.
- Schedule a move out inspection. with Lighthouse Property Management if you want to be present. If we arrive and you are not completely moved out and finished with cleaning, you will be charged a $75.00 trip charge.
You do not have to be present at the inspection; turn keys in at our office, and we will perform the inspection and mail you a copy via certified mail. You have 5 days after receipt to dispute any charges on the inspection in writing.